Anyway, football season took us right into the holiday season. It was a tough one I won't lie. Not having my mother in law around was so different. For the past 6-7 years I have helped with or done her shopping for her and helped her decorate her house. I have picked up the phone to call her several times and wished that we could ride over to her house in our pajamas at night and sit with her until bedtime. She is SO very missed. Of course Jarrod has had a very hard time, but has handled it so well. I cannot imagine life without my mother and so I admire the strength he has shown.Obviously knowing that we will see her again in heaven and knowing she is not here suffering in pain anymore helps. To add to the pain we have had to pack up her house so it can go on the market. The decisions those boys (Jarrod and Jason) have had to make are so unfair and how they have decided to handle all the circumstances around them is so very admirable.
Moving on... Christmas was wonderful... we continued traditions and tried to re-create ones that couldn't be the way they were supposed to be. Christmas time is magical. My Mam-mama LOVED Christmas,.. so does my Mama, and so do I. The spirit of precious Mam-mama will always be with me at Christmas (and always) and her sweet spirit is carried on in life in my wonderful mother. She is just like her Mama and more and more I see that I am just like them too, and I am SO proud of that.
Ok- back to the plan. The plan is two short and sweet blogs to get you up to date with whats happening. I always put off sitting down and blogging for some reason, but when I actually do it I get a sense of peace and inner happiness and I could write and write forever... HOWEVER the longer the blog the more friends I have that won't read it because its too long. That's one reason I plan on breaking all the catching up down into 2 blogs today. With that I am moving on.
Boston. Last you heard we were going to be going to the doctor in Boston. We went. It was a fantastic trip. Jarrod and I had never gone on a plane trip just the two of us. We we enjoyed it. Our appointment was December 3 at 2:30pm. We flew out of Pensacola to Atlanta to Boston that morning. Risky? yes. Just a short flight delay and we could have missed our appointment. We weren't worried. If God wanted us there we knew we'd made it. We did. We went to see Dr. Ryley at Boston IVF. We didn't know what to expect. Jarrod wanted to hear that we should just move on and adopt. I wanted to hear that one more IVF and there'd be a 99% chance i'd be pregnant. Realistically we knew that somewhere in between what we wanted to hear is what we'd hear.
We walked into Dr. Ryleys office and he says "The Wagners from Alabama! Are yall crimson tide fans?" NO flew out of my mouth the same time YES flew out of Jarrods. Obviously the doc only heard the yes. He went on about how he was an Alabama fan and how he loved Tuscaloosa and Orange Beach. He has in laws from Alabama. After a few minutes of Alabama football talk I proudly told him that I was in fact an AUBURN fan. He gasped. He said, "that's like Red Sox and Yankee fans being married!!" Yep. It is. "How do you make it work?" he asked? "We make it work" was pretty much all we answered.
Strike one was him being a bama fan, but fortunately he made up for it by a million. He was also a Christian and a republican. Awesome. Who knew we'd go to Boston to find a Alabama loving, Christian, republican doctor! Thats a rarity in Boston. Oh yeah, and he was a dog lover! Perfect.
We felt completely comfortable talking with him and answering/asking questions. His conclusion (in laymans terms): If we keep trying IVF it will work. It may take one more try. But it may take 4. However, he did feel very strongly about it working. He felt like we are losing embryos between day 4-5 like we are simply because they are not in their home environment. He suggested a 3 day transfer of the embryos (into my uterus) instead of a 5 day. Simple enough. The one thing that made us so unlike most of his patients was our financial situation. Our insurance does not cover IVF at all and he is not used to that. You see, its a LAW in Massachusetts that IVF be covered by insurance up to SIX times. We will be paying on our unsuccessful attempts for it seems like forever and just up the east coast in our same country, we'd be set! Don't think I didn't consider moving up there for a while!
Anyway, the news gave us hope, but we still had alot of thinking, praying, contemplating, and praying to do. Ands thats where I will end this blog:-) I leave you with a picture of us from our Boston trip. We had a blast sightseeing for the few days we were there. OH, almost forgot to mention.. real quick... In November we went on a last minute trip to Illinois to visit Jarrods Dads family and friends. Jarrod got to hunt for free and Uncle Dick Wagner and Jolene graciously hosted us for a few days. It was a great trip also. So Now I will leave you with 2 pictures.


Ok I need you to finish part 2. Like right now.
ReplyDelete