I am so very sorry that I have not posted since we found out that we are getting Easton! It's almost been three months since we got the good news and we have stayed busy! Baseball season went all the way to May. The Panthers made it to the second round of the play-offs and were so close to going farther. This years team was so special. They were great kids and they played with heart. We'll miss the seniors, but we are excited about next years team. Right after baseball season ended spring football started. Coaching keeps Jarrod busy pretty much all year round. Easton is already keeping us busy too :-) We've been putting furniture together, decorating, moving furniture around in his room... and moving it again... and moving it back... and doing baby laundry (which I love!). We've been blessed with many gifts for Easton and we are so thankful! We've been sorting and organizing and writing thank you notes a lot too!
We haven't been back to another doctors appointment, but they have all gone well. She (birthmother, aka Suzy) has welcomed us to all appointments, but we have decided not to miss work and travel so far for short appointments. She has started going to the doctor weekly now. She went yesterday and will go back Monday. The week after next, when she is 37 weeks, she will have another ultrasound. We will go to that appointment with her. Both birthparents have signed over their legal rights to us already. There is still a 5 day period after he is born that she can revoke her decision, but we are not worried about that. We have been blessed with opportunities to get to spend time with her over the past few months and that has just further confirmed what a special young lady she is. She is so excited for the opportunity she is able to give us and knows that us being her babies parents is Gods plan. She is growing closer to the Lord through this too which has been our prayer. I worried at first about her having a hard time with giving him up as time got closer. Her mom and I insisted that she go to a counselor to help her prepare for what she was going through. She went and spoke at length with a counselor who told her that she was a remarkable young woman with a good head on her shoulders and that she knew exactly what she was doing. The counselor told her just to come back if something changed and she needed her. She is doing ok emotionally, but please continue to pray for her.. the hardest part will be after Easton is born i'm sure. I can only imagine the emptiness she will feel.
I know that I could try to explain all day long why Jarrod and I aren't worried about her changing her mind. I want everyone to have the same peace about the situation that we have. At the end of the day though, people are going to worry and have doubts until those five days are over and that's OK.
We are so excited about Eastons upcoming birth.. its hard to believe in a month or a little more we will be parents! I pray that we will always remember what we have been through to get to this point. We have learned so much in our trials and we thank God for what he has taught us.
I am going to try my best to post again atleast once before Easton is born. Sorry if this has been sparatic.. its late and i'm trying to hurry to finish while making sure I didn't leave anything important out!
oh wow I didn't realize she was so close!! So excited for y'all!! Plan some fun dates for the next few weeks and soak up these last few moments before Easton arrives. He is almost here :)!!
ReplyDelete