Good thing I have never claimed to be a good blogger... There were a list of things I wanted to get accomplished on my maternity leave and blogging at least one post was one of them. Well, needless to say, holding my angel baby as much as possible was my top priority and I managed to do that. :-)
I went back to work yesterday, but don't go back full time until tomorrow so here I am, last minute scratching blogging off my list. This may be the only chore i get to cross off the list. I won't get started on the one thing on my list that makes me cringe. Just know that if I ever give you a present please don't worry about writing me a thank you note.Just a sincere verbal thanks will always be sufficient for me. I do realize writing thank you's is proper etiquette and that is why I will continue trying to get them all done and mailed out.
Anyway since I am typing this one handed because there is a sweet little baby boy laying in my other arm, I am going to post one little background story on angel baby. I may have already blogged about this, but i'm not sure and even if i have its worth telling again.
As you know Jarrods mother past away the end of last September. The last year before she past she was bed bound in a hospital bed in her home with around the clock sitters. Some of the time she could communicate pretty well, but sometimes she was very lethargic. Right at a year ago Sarah (Jarrods mom) called me at work. I answered and she said "Hey!" just as clear and perky as could be. She continued, "you should see this baby. He is SOOOO cute!" I asked who's baby it was thinking someone was visiting her and had brought their baby. She answered, "I don't know, but you better hurry and come get him! He is so cute. He has the prettiest blue eyes just like Jarrod did!". After speaking with Sarah and telling her it was so good to hear her doing so well I asked to speak to Sybil (the sitter). I asked Sybil whose baby was there with them. She said "There ain't no real baby here, she's seeing an angel!" She had asked Sybil to wrap him up in a blanket and let her hold him. This was right after the IVF had failed and Sybil said, "I bet shes seeing yours and Jarrods baby." I bet she was too. She told several people about that beautiful baby with blue eyes just like Jarrod. She past just a little after a month later. Fast forward to March, a little less than 6 monthes after Sarah's death. That's when we met Eastons sweet birth mother. We found out Eastons due date was July 18th. It never crossed my mind, but my mom and aunt both told me that Easton was conceived within days of Sarah going to heaven. On a quick side note, right after we found out we had to do IVF, a cousin of mine had a very detailed dream and in that dream my grandmother who had just passed was in a room in heaven holding a beautiful baby. Mam-mama told her that it was my baby. That dream happened the beginning of 2008. I am so thankful she told me about the dream because since then I have had a peace knowing that we'd have a baby someday and in the meantime my precious Mam-mama was holding him in heaven.
With that being said, i truly believe that Sarah got to heaven, went up to my Mam-mama and told her that it was time to give that baby up because it was time for him to go to us. For a reason that we don't know, but don't try to understand, our angel baby was sent to earth and was carried for us by a very special girl. And now we are so extremely blessed to be holding our beautiful blue eyed baby boy, created for us by God, spoiled in heaven for 3.5 years by Mam-mama, and expedited to us from Sarah. Easton really is our angel baby.

Beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a sweet story. When you're trying to conceive its great to have those dreams and reflections to hold on to. My grandmother passed away over a year ago. A few months after her death, I woke one morning to tell my hubby about this amzing dream I had about her. She was in a white room (which i took to be heaven) on a bed, and cradled beside her was the most precious baby girl dolled in pink. My grandma laid on the bed with the baby and held her close. The only thing I could think is that she was keeping her safe until it was time. 17 months of trying and often, its that dream that comforts me to know in Gods time it will happen.
ReplyDelete