Well, a year and I half later, here I am blogging again. I feel really bad because I had intended on blogging as much as possible about sweet baby E and using the blog as a way to keep up with his milestones. The last time I blogged I was about to go back to work and when I did, I came to the realization of just how busy mommy life is. Its a constant battle of time, making sure work gets done, we eat, keep up the house, spend time together and with family and friends, and get as much Easton sugar and giggles as possible. Blogging has been in the back of my mind along with 100 other things that need to get done, but at the end of the day if the basics get done then I consider it successful and move on to the next day. The past year and a half have been much like the years before, baseball season, football season and Christmas time in between that. The difference in the past year and a half is the empty void in our life has been filled by the joy of Easton James. He fit right into our little world and we kept on rocking on with life, except every night when we go to bed and when we wake up and in between our prefect angel, our gift from God, has been there and the pain and emptiness once felt is long gone. This past year was especially stressful at work for me, but the difference now is the stress melts away when I get to go pick up my baby and I don't worry about the next day until I begin work the next day. I'll try to do a little year in review here to catch us up, because I have more news now to add, so I am afraid this post is going to be a little lengthy. After 2011 brought us a new path to take, the path of adoption- decided to pursue adoption in January and took the steps to make that happen,found out about and met E's awesome birth mother and family (birth father is great too, but didn't get to meet him then), Easton was born in July, I went back to work mid August, school started back for J about the same time and then it was football season. The year flew by. 2012 came, early winter baseball season was here which brought us right into spring/early summer. By the way I define our lives here around football and baseball season because baseball starts in January and ends in April/May, football summer practices begin June and games start end of August and go through November. December is the only month our life doesn't revolve around practices/games and of course that is good because Christmas time is usually very busy. This is the life of a coaches family. This is not really time consuming for me like it is Jarrod, but it means that Jarrod is very busy and confined to a tight schedule which obviously effects Easton and I.
Anywho, Geneva baseball season ended earlier than we wanted in the first round of the play-offs, however Will, my baby brother, and his team made it past round one and so we were able to enjoy watching Trinity make it all the way to the State Championship which they won! Yay! Last summer was normal as far as I can remember.We spent time with friends and family and went to the beach and lake. We were able to go in July on a mission trip with our church to Jamestown, NY. Easton spent his first birthday at a VBS and a baseball camp led by his Daddy and that afternoon everyone celebrated at a party for him. It was so special! The night of his birthday we went to a Jamestown Jammers baseball game.
We even got to go to Niagra Falls!
When we got home from NY, we had E a birthday party at the baseball field. In all he ended up getting to smash a cake 3 times and he loved doing it each time. This picture is from his party in Geneva.
In August our world was shaken when my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. About a month after the diagnosis she had a successful mastectomy and she is doing well. She is still sore and will be taking a pill for the next 5 years. She went through everything like such a trooper and with such a good attitude. She kept her trust and faith in God. She does have unrealistic expectations because she has felt since 6 weeks post surgery she was supposed to feel better and she still is sore, tired and weak and doesn't understand why. Please keep her in your prayers as she continues to heal.
Fall of 2012 was normal, but fun. Easton continued to grow and get smarter and smarter and cuter and cuter, which I didn't think was possible. We spent a lot of time at the football field watching Jarrod in his first year of head coach of the JV and on Friday nights as he also helped coach the varsity team.
Easton and I went to a few Trinity games since it was Wills senior year and our last chance to watch him play football. Will wore pink cleats in honor of Mama :-)
On Saturdays we watched Auburn struggle :-( and Alabama win. Sundays were especially good this year because with Jarrod being the head of the JV, he didn't have to go watch film after church every Sunday. E and I really enjoyed that. It had been 5 years of not having Jarrod on Sunday afternoons for me. The year ended with a busy, but wonderful Christmas season.
I feel like I am leaving out so much- births of babies to special friends and loved ones, exciting trips, Easton's milestones. There is just too much to talk about so I hope this little recap doesn't leave you disappointed and confused. I have a tendency to ramble in talking and writing and miss getting the point across. In short, the point is Easton has bettered our life, hes smart, cute, loving, adorable and so much more. We cannot imagine life without him! Since July 11, 2011 our world has been a happier place.
Stayed tuned for more on the life of us!






No comments:
Post a Comment