Sunday, August 15, 2010

Its been a week..

I don't have much to say, just wanted to give a little update since its been a week since I posted. The past week has been ok. I didn't feel good (physically) at all at the beginning of the week, but that was expected. It was a little tough going to work Monday. I made it through the hugs and condolences with just a few tears. The rest of the week was pretty much back to normal. That's good in one way and then in another way that kind of hurts. I want life to go on and I definitely don't want the situation to be dwelled on by myself or anyone else. On the other hand, the pain doesn't go away inside and when everything seems ok on the outside it feels as if we have moved on and no longer hurting when we are. (don't know if that made since.. its hard to explain.)
Anyway, besides a couple of pity parties the week was good. I have amazing friends who have offered support and I greatly appreciate it. Many have offered to talk about it with me. I hope no one has gotten offended when I have declined.. Its just not something that I can talk about with someone who hasn't been through it. Jarrod is my best source of comfort, he deals with his pain differently than I do, but the disappointment and the emptiness we feel is the same. We are both so thankful that we have a relationship with our Heavenly Father because any comfort we feel comes from Him.

I am looking forward to tomorrow morning. We will have a phone conference with Dr. Long. He will brief us on what he thinks went wrong and then talk about how he recommends we should proceed. I will update the blog in the next couple of days with what he tells us. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment