Sunday, August 1, 2010

Waiting Game

Well, I didn't think that I would be able to post anything during the wait for the pregnancy test. I thought I would be a mess and at times I am. The day after the transfer I was scared, upset, and very emotional. Thank goodness my Mom was here, It was a long day. The next day Jarrod was off of work and we spent most of the day hanging out at the house. That afternoon we went to Panama City Beach to stay with Brooke, David, and Porter and their nieces and nephew. When it came time to go Mama and Jarrod pretty much had to force me to go because I wanted to stay laying around the house having a pity party for myself. I am so glad I went. I had a blast (of course) and my mind was pre-occupied the whole time. Jarrod, David, and Brooke were (are) so supportive and when I'd say something the slightest bit negative they would jump down my throat. I was trying to tell them that I have faith, but I am scared that this cycle working is not in Gods plan for us. Brooke made me go get my Bible out and read Isaiah 38 about Hezekiah being sick and the Lord told him to prepare to die, that he would not recover. Hezekiah prayed and wept . (I know a little something about that!) God heard his prayers and saw his tears and gave him 15 more years of life. Point proven Brooke. Thank you.
We left the beach early this morning to make it to the contemporary service at 8:30. I haven't felt great today which Jarrod thought was good. I told him a headache and cold had nothing to do with possibly being pregant- nice thought though. Today was Mamas last day here and she and Jarrod made an excellent dinner. We also went swimming at the Craigs for awhile which was so nice. Thank you Joe and Deborah!
In struggling with my worry this whole time and especially this week I have been googling. "Can I feel implantation with IVF", "Signs I am pregnant with IVF", "Images of good blastocyst" (so I can compare my pic of mine) and so much more. In the back of my mind I knew i shouldn't be doing that and got convicted about it tonight. So one last time i used google for "bible verse of the day" the very first option was http://www.verseoftheday.com/. Today the verse was "You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word." Psalm 119:114. There was a thought on the verse and a prayer:
Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Where can we go to remain secure from the onslaught of bad ideas, evil influences, and false hopes? We can go to God and his Word. While people can be disloyal and misguided, God's love is proven through history and through Jesus and his truth stands forever.

My Prayer...
Almighty God, you alone are trustworthy. You keep your word and fulfill your promises. Forgive me when I trust my own insight and the wisdom of others rather than seeking your will in your Word. Please give me your wisdom as I seek your will in your Word. In the name of Jesus, your ultimate Word, I pray. Amen.
How appropriate! Thank you Lord! I am so unworthy of His assurance, yet He continues to give it to me. I am not going to google anymore question and I am also going to quit asking people if they "have a feeling" about the situation. I know that is so stupid, but I swear I search for any little shred of good feelings or good 'coincidences', etc to make myself feel better. I will now only go to God and His Word for assurance.

As always thank you for your prayers. We could not get thru this without the prayers and support of our loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment