I realized today that I had not posted a picture of the blastocysts that were transfered. They gave us a picture of them the day of the transfer just like they did last time. Last time it was kind of weird to me for whatever reason.. I guess its because most people get to show off their ultrasound picture of the fetus and all I had was a picture of a bunch of circles. This time though I am proud of my little blasts. They are on the fridge hopefully soon to be followed by ulrasound pictures, then baby pictures, and so on and so on. You look at the picture and you don't really know what you are looking at, but don't worry I'll tell you:-) The circles are cells. When the eggs were fertilized they started out as 2 cells- one from me and one from Jarrod. After that the cells began dividing more and more. When the blasts were photographed here their sex and their physical characteristics (eye, skin, and hair color, righty or lefty, etc.) had already been determined!! This was the day that they were transfered into me. (Don't know if I ever posted about the 4 remaining embryos that were questionable whether they would make it to be able t be frozen.. They didn't make it:-(
BUT, specific prayers were prayed that we would get only the embryos that we needed and out of nowhere we had 2 good blastocysts when the other SIX that were doing great two days before didn't make it. Answered prayer? Yep. Anyway, here's my babies! Hopefully they have settled into me and are now growing fetus'!
![]() |
| 5 day old embryos- called blastocysts at this stage of their life |

No comments:
Post a Comment