Monday, July 26, 2010

EMBRYO UPDATE

Today we got a report on our babies.... We have 10 good quality embryos. They will not take them out of the incubator again until Wednesday morning. We will go meet with the doctor at 12 on Wednesday to find out how many we have at that point. We will only be able to transfer 1-2 embryos because of the high risk of multiples. If we have more viable embies left we can donate, cryopreserve (freeze), or destroy them. WE WILL NOT DESTROY THEM. We will decide when we get more info on that morning what we will do with the remaining ones if there are any (donate or cryopreserve). After we talk to the doc he will transfer the 1-2 embies into my uterus and then 3-5 days later God willing they will implant! A few weeks later I will know if I am pregnant or not.
The last IVF cycle two years ago at this time we had 6 good embies. We went for our transfer appointment and only had 1 not so great one left. Everything is going great so far, but alot can happen between now and then. PLEASE keep on praying. We appreciate all of the prayers SO MUCH. The time from the transfer to the pregnancy test was the hardest emotionally for me last time and I am sure it will be this time too. Just knowing that I have a baby in me, but not knowing if it will attach to me or not is hard to handle. We have faith that this time we will be blessed with a beautiful baby (or babies), but if not we also know that He has a plan for us. I will update you on how everything goes on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment