This morning I went in for my last stim appointment. It was the usual bloodwork and ultrasound. We expected to see the follicles at around 1.6 cm. We were suprised to see that there were follicles up to 2 cm. I was concerned when I saw that. The CRNP was suprised, but was not real concerned. She said I was on the borderline of hyperstimulating, but I was having no symptoms. She said that depending on the bloodwork results (they had been perfect so far) I'd "trigger" tonight and then have the retrieval surgeries on Friday. As usual I wait on the results to get back in the late afternoon.
~ On a sidenote- triggering means that I take a shot in my hip of HCG. What it does is matures the follicles and begins the ovulation process. They tell me what time to take it and they will know within minutes of when I will ovulate so they know exactly when to go in to remove the follicles. ~
So this afternoon when I was in Geneva at the senior citizens center I got a call from the IVF coordinator with my results. Estradiol level- 1688. This is good. Progesterone- 2.7 which she said was a little high. She went on to say that Dr. Long is recommending that we drop this cycle and try another protocal because he thinks that I could still respond better. The progesterone being the little bit high that it was could effect the egg quality. Basically from what I understand I am a little ahead of where I am supposed to be progesterone wise. The CRNP said that while Dr. Long recommends trying another protocal that he would proceed with this cycle because he knows "how psyched up we are" about this one. Meaning it took me to years to get ready for another try and he probably knows that it would be so hard to start over. He is right.
So where we left it is that I can go ahead and trigger tonight and she is going to have Dr. Long call us tomorrow. I hung up the phone and tried my best not to start crying. I started to try to call Jarrod and did not get him. I tried periodically the whole time from Geneva to Hartford (15 minutes) and he never answered. A little outside of Geneva I was trying my best not to lose it. As I was crying out "Why???" I turned on the radio hoping maybe for some encouragement. I heard these words: "It doesn't matter what you've heard impossible is not a word, its just a reason for someone not to try. Everybodys scared to death when they decide to take that step out on the water, it'll be alright. Life is so much more than what your eyes are seeing, you will find a way if you keep believing. I've seen dreams that move a mountain, hope that doesn't ever end even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered broken hearts become brand new. Thats what faith can do."
I got home and found Jarrod. I told him the news. His response was "well did you tell em you aren't doing it again?" I was glad to hear he had an opinion while I was feeling so torn. Jarrod called a few of our prayer warriors and we prayed together ourselves. Brother Matt (our pastor) came over and talked and prayed with us. We have a big decision to make. Obviously we want to go on with the cycle, but we want to hear more from the doctor. Also, even if the doctor says chances aren't good that doesn't really matter because its not up to him- God can work miracles. We want to make the right decision, but it appears its not going to be easy. All we can do is pray that God will show us which way to turn at this fork in the road. Prayers are greatly appreciated!
Lindsey and Jarrod,
ReplyDeleteYou both are in my prayers. You will make the right decision - God will lead and direct you.
Love,
Ms. Janet
I'll be praying for y'all and for God's will to guide you!
ReplyDeletepraying for COMPLETE clarity tonight.
ReplyDelete