Last night I took my first shots of this IVF cycle. They were my "stim" shots (stimulant) and they are hormone shots with the purpose of increasing the size of my follicles thus increasing the number of eggs. I will take these every night unil it is time to retrieve the eggs. My last IVF cycle I took Lupron shots for a week before I started stim shots. Lupron is typically used in most IVF protocals for suppression. This cycle the Doctors decided to go along with my natural cycle instead of supressing me first. I don't exactly understand what it means, but I like the idea of it. The bad part about it is that since I was on birth control for a little over a week and then stopped them so I am having a menstrual cycle during the IVF cycle. It has been extra heavy and painful and I cannot take advil which I always take to help with cramps and to slow down the cycle. Thankfully today during work the cramps were bearable. Also today I have not been as emotional as I have been most of the past couple of weeks. I am thankful and Jarrod is extra thankful ;-)
SO, last night the shots went fine except we wish we would have had a refresher course first. Its been over two years since the last cycle AND this time the shots are a little different as far as how we mix them. We figured it out, Jarrod gave me the shots, and it went fine. He has talked alot of smack about him getting to get revenge from my "crazy" hormones by getting to stick me with needles. Well when it was game time he was so nervous! It was so cute. It helped though because I laughed at him the whole time during both shots. Today the Director of Nuring at work, Eric, was gracious enough to give me and Jarrod a refresher course so we are ready for tonight :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment