Thursday night we left at about 9:00pm with our precious friends the Millers to head to Birmingham. We got checked into our hotel and settled in about 1am. Yesterday we had to be at the doctors office at 7:30am. When they called us back to surgery holding they let Brooke and David come back there with us. Having them there really helped ease our minds about about what was about to happen. We had to wait an extra 30 minutes or so for a doctor to be available. Fridays are surgeries days at the hospital and the doctors were very busy. Dr. Allemand came in and did Jarrods surgery. Everything went great. Dr. Allemand came out of the surgery room and told me that he was very happy with the results and he thought that the results were better than the last time. A few minutes after Jarrod came out of surgery it was my turn. Dr. Long (our Doctor) was able to do my surgery though I barely remember him being there. I was really drugged up, but I think I remember feeling everything! OUCH! After the surgery they gave me alot of pain meds. Sometime in the middle of us getting ready to leave we found out that they had retrieved 18 eggs. They said they would call us the next morning to tell us how many of those eggs were mature and how many fertilised.
We left the ART office and stopped for lunch at Jasons Deli. Somehow I made it through lunch all doped up. I slept the whole way home and I think Jarrod took cat naps here and there. Thank you again to our chauffeurs! We stopped in Montgomery to get the girls (dogs) and Mama gave us some homemade soup and goodies. She's the best! We made it home late afternoon and I slept the rest of the night besides when my nurse (Jarrod) giving me a pain pill and some soup. Jarrod is doing good too, he rested yesterday as much as he could (hes not good at sitting down for long periods of time.) He also gave me a sweet card last night. All in all we had a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment